Ridiculously Awesome Things I Have Seen This Month
In no particular order, here are some of the amazing things I have seen or witnessed this month during my travels:
- Witnessed a full honors wreath laying ceremony at the Tomb of the Unknowns
- Stood beneath the space shuttle Discovery
- Toured the Capitol
- Saw a performance of Shear Madness at Kennedy Center
- Saw a giant squid
- Looked through Thomas Jefferson’s library
- Went on a ghost tour of Alexandria
- Stood where Abraham Lincoln spoke the Gettysburg Address
- Walked through George Washington’s home
- Saw a duck ramp, and watched a duck almost go down it.
- Cheered for the red and yellow knight at Medieval Times
- Saw Roberto Clemente’s jersey and batting helmet
- Saw a $100,000 bill
- Saw Franco Harris’ helmet
- Walked around the SR-71
- Saw Pieces of the Berlin Wall
- Cruised on the Potomac
- Saw the hat and shoes of the scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz
- Met a Holocaust survivor and heard his story
- Saw the ruby slippers from the Wizard of Oz
- Saw dinosaur fossils
- Saw the Hope Diamond
- Watched students reading excerpts from the Martin Luther King’s“I have a dream” speech on the same spot where he stood
- Saw Archie Bunker’s chair
- Watched my husband balance the following, jenga-style, in or attached to our truck (at the same time): a sailboat, 2 kayaks, 4 bicycles, 15 bike tires, 5 fishing poles, 2 oars, 2 kayak paddles, and varying yard tools. He proceeded to drive for 8 hours with all in tow.
- Saw a 16-sided barn
It has been a very busy and exciting month in Washington D.C.! I feel so blessed to have experienced what I did and I look forward to the exciting adventures of the summer!
What have you experienced this month? What are you looking forward to experiencing this summer?